Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations (Ted Books)

Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations (Ted Books)
author: Dan Ariely
name: Tyler
average rating: 3.76
book published:
rating: 4
read at:
date added: 2017/01/18
shelves:
review:

Why is my motivation sometimes strong and sometime lacking? I find myself wanting to do the things I should, and doing the things I should not. What is the formula for motivation? This book asks that question. Quick and to the point, Dan Ariely gave me an inkling of an idea about creating my own formula. Drawing from the insights of Victor Frankl, who wrote 'Mans search for Meaning', Dan showed me something..that motivation is complex, but pursing a life of meaning will give one the tools for daily motivation. I don't know who I will be tomorrow morning, however, if I know who I want to be then I will be unknowingly creating my own formula. I resolve today to work towards who I want to become. Dan Ariely gave me, through numerous examples and stories, a new perspective of myself. Nietzsche stated,"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." What does this mean to me? That my motivation must spring from "why", and that I my formula for success will be developed by pursuing my purpose in life.


via IFTTT